Role: Assistant Greenkeeper
Location: Windyhill Golf Club, Baljaffray Road, Glasgow, G61 4QQ
Tel No: 0141 942 2349
Windyhill Golf Club, situated in the Baljaffray area of Bearsden, is looking for a full time Assistant Greenkeeper who is a motivated and enthusiastic individual with good communication skills to join our existing talented, hard working and committed greens team.
Working under the guidance of the Head Greenkeeper or his Deputy, the Assistant Greenkeeper will be responsible for ensuring the course and practice facilities are maintained to the highest standards, as well as assisting in other course projects.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• Minimum 2 to 3 years greenkeeping experience.
• Minimum SVQ Level 2 or Level 3 Sports Turf Management
• Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
• A good understanding of machinery operations and ability to carryout minor repairs if possible
• A flexible attitude and be capable of prioritising work schedules
This is a physically demanding role and, while there is some indoor work, the majority of work is outdoors in all weather conditions with rostered weekend shifts required during the main golfing season.
There is a range of benefits for the successful candidate:
29 days annual holiday (incl bank holidays)
Full uniform & PPE provided
Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this rewarding role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications is 23rd April 2021